Monday 6 February 2012

It is that time of the year again!!!


No! it's not some festive season and me sending out wishes. No! its not me sharing a great time I had or a disaster with some official or autodriver ..... It's that time of the year I have kept aside to send out a request to near and dear ones - a request to donate to Iksha. 

My family is a part of Iksha Foundation and we are involved in all its activities be it creating awareness or fundraising. Since it is difficult to request for donations year through I usually wait for the Bangalore 10K, register to run and use this as a good opportunity to run for my cause, create awareness and raise much needed funds. 

Last year, with the help of my ardent supporters I managed to raise just over a lakh, enough to support treatment for one child over a period of one year. All my donors were family and friends and their friends. I cannot thank them enough for placing their trust in me doing the right thing with their money. We are currently supporting treatment of seven children. The youngest was born in August 2011!

Iksha Foundation is only two years old and it will be a while before we get any corporate support and till then we are totally dependent on family and friends. 

..... the TCS Bangalore 10k is on 27th May ... another 16 weeks away .... and as I write to my family and friends I hope .... 
  • All donate something :) ...... aaaaah!! what a scenario, but nothing wrong with being hopeful ....
  • Some will have a figure in mind and donate .....
  • Some put away 100 bucks a week for the next 16 weeks .... maybe 100 bucks a family member ....
  • Some vouch for us and fundraise for us from their friends circle ..... 
  • Some mark February to May in their calendar and make it an annual contribution .....
  • the little drops of donation add up to atleast 2 lakhs this year ..... that's my target folks!! 
If you've read this and think you can donate .... pledge any amount .... I'll gently remind you when its time ;) ..... 

For those who want to know how I am a part of Iksha Foundation read this blog of mine from last year http://iamoneinabillion.blogspot.in/2011/04/iksha-and-me.html 





No comments:

Post a Comment